“Goa recorded its sixth case of swine flu, when a man, who had travelled to the state from Chennai, was treated for the disease at a private hospital last week.” – Res.
While Swine Flu had made its presence felt in few states of India, Goa is the latest to join the list. The state recently recorded its sixth Swine Flu case a week ago, and it happened as a man who had recently returned from Chennai found positive in the test. It was good to hear from the state epidemiologist, Dr. Utkarsha Betodkar, that the patient did not develop any complications. No doubt, the successful recovery of this Swine Flu patient has brought in some amount of relief among the residents of Goa, solidifying their belief that this disease is absolutely curable.
“What causes swine flu?”
Many of you might already know that the H1N1 virus responsible for causing this flu. It was the year 2009 when it was found that an influenza A virus from the H1N1 category was causing this disease. However, in 2011 it was found that the H3N2 type of virus is also responsible for causing this disease. The structure of H1N1 and H3N2 is almost the same. Pigs are the major carrier of these two viruses, and even their respiratory system gets infected through this disease.
“10 home remedies to avoid swine flu”
Even though Swine Flu is curable, but prevention is always better than cure. So, here are 10 really easy and effective ways to avoid this disease from infection you:
1. Consume five properly washed Tulsi (Basil) leaves daily
2. Take a foot long Giloi, Tulsi leaves, black pepper- boil them in water and have
3. Camphor once in a month
4. Every morning, take 1 or 2 pods of garlic to boost your immune system
5. Haldi (turmeric) milk every night
6. One small teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel daily with some water
7. Homeopathy (Inflenzium 200 & Pyrgenium 200) thrice a day is recommended
8. Pranayam every morning is suggested, along with few breathing and walking exercises
9. Citrus fruits, especially Amla or Indian gooseberry which is rich in Vitamin C is advised to prevent the flu
10. Finally, wash hands with soap/dettol and water.
The state of Goa should take active precautions as this is a tourist hub of India and a place which attracts tourists from all around the world. Its main revenue too is tourism and therefore it should see that there is no blemishes as this can stop the tourist inflow.